To work together to support the purposes of Social Services Waimakariri and enhance social service delivery so that people can be connected to their community and freely access the services they need for their wellbeing. T
WHAT DOES SOCIAL SERVICES WAIMAKARIRI DO?
Social Services Waimakariri is not a legal entity. It was established in 2007 to provide a forum for collaboration between community providers of social services, and partners from local and central government to:
- Identify, prioritise and respond to emerging social issues
- Provide a strategic focus on community outcomes and building capacity
- Lead collaboration, advocacy, innovation and project activity among social and health service providers in Waimakariri district
- Encourage shared decision making across the whole community
- Act as an information conduit between the community and the Waimakariri District Council, providing information and solutions to social service needs and gaps in Waimakariri district
- Respond and be responsible to the Waimakariri residents and the community
- Be well connected with the community, social service providers, Ngai Tuahuriri, local and central government.